Friday, July 11, 2008

Thing #22

I visited The Educational Podcast Network and Learn Out Loud. I liked both sites but I liked that EPN was free. Learn Out Loud did have some free Podcasts, but of course the ones that I was interested in all cost money. I did find an interesting Podcast that I added to my RSS feeds. It is a quick book talk. I am linking Dairy of a Wimpy Kid. This is a great book for boys to read that are having problems journaling!
These Podcasts quickly give a summary of books. I think that my students would be interested in these because I am constantly telling them about books and it would be a great way for them to know more about the books before they choose. I'm thinking this would be a great way to start new literacy groups. I call them Book Clubs and the students think they are really grown up!LOL I think it would be great to have my students set up their own podcast over a book they have read or a short story they have written. This would be a great way to have students know they will have an audience for their writing! I'm so excited!!

2 comments:

mmw said...

Podcasts are very easy to make with Garageband on the Mac. I can't wait to see what you create!

mborden said...

That is a great idea to have students listen to podcasts of summaries of books.