Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Thing #16

I had already set up my igoogle page. I did some rearrange of the widgets. I have some sites that send me an alert when they update for example wfaa.com. I'm pretty sure that I will keep this as my home page. I love having everything at my fingertips. I can find dinner for tonight, read Calvin and Hobbes, get a brief look at world events, and find out what is going on in the education word. This is great!! At first I didn't think that I would even look at it again when I set it up, but I find myself looking at it more than twice a day. My six year old son wants to set one up for him and I'm thinking that I might do it. He really enjoys reading the comics and watching funny videos clips! I'm going to have to look into how to make sure the video clips are age appropriate!
I love the google calendar! I have been using it since I first started it up. I love that it emails me all the information for the day. In fact I almost forgot about an eye appointment, but it reminded me!!
I tried out the Stikkit, but I think that is a little redundant of what I have going on with my online calendar with google. I think that is what I like about the google calendar that it is sooo easy to use!
Even though I can't use google at school, I can set up the calendar from home and still get the reminders via email at school. Plus I don't have time at school to check my customized page, so I will only be doing that from home. I will so recommend this to other people. I told my husband about it and he responded with, "Uh, I've had one for years!" I don't think I'm going to tell him about the other cool things that I have learned about!

No comments: